COVID – 19 Safety Guidelines For Your Housing Society
By Magnolia Realty | Apr 18, 2020
Coronavirus outbreak has stirred our society in various ways. The government has announced a lockdown, which means we cannot go outside of our homes except for essential needs. Those people who are living in gated communities or apartment dwellers with common spaces, lobbies, trash chutes and common elevators should be aware. It is important to keep safety guidelines for housing societies and follow suggestions for homeowners and apartment tenants.
Many housing societies are densely populated in India and in a society people are dependent on each other for the proper functioning of the society. So, here are the few guidelines that can help you manage your society in COVID – 19 situation.
Housing Society Safety Guidelines
- It is important to issue a guideline for all society members to avoid all kinds of public gathering within the premise. All the events must be cancelled immediately.
- All the staff who work in society as a permanent basis such as plumbers, electricians, guards etc. should be given masks and explain to them how to maintain hygiene.
- Using all the amenities such as swimming pool, gym, common room, children park etc. should be prohibited.
- Request your society staff to do their assigned work quickly and avoid loitering around the society.
- Take a careful audit of your society members who have a recent history of travelling, especially foreign travel. Ask them to self-quarantine for a while and provide them with essential supplies.
- It is also important to disinfectant all frequently used areas such as elevators, door knobs, bells etc.
Precautions For The Housing Society Residents
- Unless you are old or have some health condition, do not use elevators.
- It is better to keep a hand sanitizer with you always. If it is not possible then make sure you always wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds when you return back to your home.
- If you have a recent travelling history, whether domestically or internationally, you must quarantine yourself for at least 15 days.
- Building immunity is not a quick process but at least you can create a healthy life around you. Do exercise every day, sleep well, wake up early and take a walk on the terrace.
- Create a Whatsapp group of your society members and contact people in case you need something. This will also help in any SOS situation where you can send a message to people.
- It is better to do your household chores by yourself. If it is quite difficult, then make sure your domestic help take proper sanitize measures before entering your home.
- Help your neighbours, especially senior citizens who are having a tough time during this lockdown period.
COVID – 19 is a global pandemic and it is important for all of us to take necessary precaution and attention to the details. The way we can fight against this virus to properly maintain personal hygiene and implement safety measures around us.